Try the political quiz

5.9k Replies

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@986ZDV4from Ontario  answered…5hrs

If they entered illegally, they should serve their time then be deported

@986R6NLfrom Ontario  answered…10hrs

@986CKVQfrom Ontario  answered…23hrs

Yes, but only IF they are not Canadian Citizens, have repeatedly committed offences or a heinous crime, and as long as it is safe for them to return to their country.

@9863HW4from Manitoba  answered…2 days

Did the person steal a candy bar or a child? There’s a difference

@9859NHV answered…4 days

No, but if they got crime again in the country that they had immigrant to then they can get banned.

@9847BSWfrom Pennsylvania  answered…5 days

With the exception of illegal immigration and only if their home country is safe

@983TFQLLiberalfrom Saskatchewan  answered…5 days

depends on the crime but why should that be any different than when a person who was born here does a crime.

@98384DZfrom Ontario  answered…6 days

No, they should just go to jail or face charges like all the other resients of Canada

@9832W4Hfrom Ontario  answered…6 days

They should complete their sentence and be checked if it is safe for them to return. Then they should serve a sentence there if needed.

@9823VMQfrom Ontario  answered…1wk

They should be treated like Canadian citizens and accept the punishments accordingly

@97ZF849from Manitoba  answered…1wk

Yes and to go further I would say that anybody that has committed a crime within 5 years of citizenship should be stripped of that standing and then deported. And also increase the amount of time it takes to apply for full citizenship from 3 years back to 5 years again. Same thing should go for criminal record pardons (which the USA does not recognize) so it must fall under Fippa and the right to make sure that all residual of the action is also cleared from memory after the 10 years.

@97ZD6PJfrom Ontario  answered…1wk

No, they should be given a death penalty or a life sentence with no parole.

@97YHVWTfrom Alberta  answered…2wks

it depends how serious it is cause If its not like really bad then they shouldn't get forced back

@97XSRBKfrom Ontario  answered…2wks

@97VT9PRfrom Ontario  answered…3wks

@97T4JZCConservativefrom Ontario  answered…3wks

Yes, depending on if they entered illegally or depending on how serious the crime is. (Felony, financial, violent or sexual crimes)

@97RQQ6Nfrom Alberta  answered…3wks

@97N7ZRVfrom Ontario  answered…4wks

When we speak about crime a crime could be anything from running a red light which is illegal do speeding which is illegal even Jay walking which is illegal this is a very dull consumption and should be looked at

@97MW4JDfrom Connecticut  answered…4wks

If they don't have a license meaning they're allowed to be in the United States then they should be sent back to their original place of living to serve the time.

@97G8X3RConservativefrom Ontario  answered…4wks

yes, after they finish serving their sentence and they are not citizens.

@97DG3PKfrom Manitoba  answered…4wks

@97DG3PDfrom Manitoba  answered…4wks

@97C3L2Dfrom Ontario  answered…4wks

@976QB2Qfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

@976DW9Qfrom British Columbia  answered…1mo

@976DJQLLiberalfrom British Columbia  answered…1mo

@975N2JVfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

No, our correctional system should rehabilitate all citizens of Canada

@975JS4Sfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

Depends on the crime and the situation of their country. If their country is unsafe then no but if it is safe and they committed murder then they should leave.

@9746RJRfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

No, they should be treated the same as a Canadian Citizen who has committed a serious crime.

@96Z3KDQGreenfrom Manitoba  answered…1mo

They should be treated as everyone else who commits the same crime

@96W4X2Jfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

No, they are considered citizens of the country they should pay for their crimes like everyone else in jail or at a court.

@96VC9TCfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

they should be given strikes and if they deplete all their strikes then they should be deported

@96THN4DLiberalfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

@96TBGHYfrom Ontario  answered…1mo

No, however I think it should also depend on the circumstance of things such as the legality of their entry, the state of the country they came from.

@96SPRLYConservativefrom Alberta  answered…1mo

It would depend on just how serious the crime was if their country was safe and they committed murder I would say yes


The historical activity of users engaging with this question.

Loading data...

Loading chart... 


Loading the political themes of users that engaged with this discussion

Loading data...